After inserting an execution plan into a QCD using INSERT EXPLAIN, view the Explain results graphically or textually.
The Select Execution Plan(s) to Open window appears.
Use the following steps to select a QCD:
- In the tree view, right-click the Query Capture Databases node to display a shortcut menu.
In the shortcut menu, select Browse QCD to list all available QCD names under the Query Capture Databases node.
Select a QCD from the list.
Right-click a QCD name and select Browse Plans.
The Browse QCD Plans dialog box appears.Browse QCD Plans
Use one of the following options:
- Enter the workload name in the Workload box.
- Click the arrow button in the Workload box to select a workload from a list of available workloads.
- Click the XML Plans check box to view XML plans available in the selected QCD.This option is available only for Teradata Database version 13.10 and later.
- Right-click a QCD name and select Browse Plans.
- Click the OK button to retrieve the specified plans.
Select the checkbox next to one or more plans in the Available Execution Plans list.
Click Add All to add all available plans to the Selected Execution Plans list, and skip step 6.
[Optional] To see complete statement text, select a QueryID in the Available list, right-click and select the Statement Text menu item for a specific QueryID.
For more information on the Statement Text dialog box, see Viewing Statement Text.
- Click Open to display the plans. The plans appear in the main window. See Summary Information Window.