The following figure shows a representative view of the Teradata Visual Explain main window, which opens by default when starting Teradata Visual Explain. The information that appears in the window depends on the task being performed.
- The Menu Bar and Toolbars used to access commands
- Display Icons that depict database objects (for example, tables, spools), operations, and statement types
- Tool Tips and Pop-Up Menus, shown as overlaying boxes in the window, that provide summary or detailed information about each icon
- Connectors that show the relationship between the displayed icons
- A Summary Information Window that provides information related to the displayed execution plan
Teradata Visual Explain also features shortcut menus, resizable columns in dialog boxes, and online help to make it easier to work with the application and on-screen information.