- To protect them from injury and to prevent damage to customer equipment, Teradata representatives are NOT authorized to move or relocate any cabinets.
- Cabinets must be moved by professional movers with appropriate handling and safety equipment only.
You are responsible for arranging and contracting with the moving company.
- Loading or unloading cabinets from delivery trucks.
- Crating or uncrating cabinets.
- Moving cabinets to or from data centers and loading docks.
- Moving cabinets to or from staging areas.
- Moving cabinets via hallways, ramps, lifts, tunnels, stairs, or elevators.
- Moving cabinets between data center floors.
- Repositioning cabinets on the data center floor.
Nothing in this policy shall absolve a Teradata CSR from any other installation or de-installation activity, including appropriate direction and guidance to moving personnel.
It shall be permissible for a Teradata CSR to make slight movements to a cabinet as required for leveling, alignment and bolting purposes, provided such work can be carried out in a safe manner. It will be at the sole discretion of the CSR to request any necessary assistance from the customer if deemed required.
This Customer Service policy is valid globally.