To apply innovative statistical techniques to analyze data stored in Teradata Database, you have the option to install R add-on packages from Comprehensive R Archive Network (CRAN). After they are installed, a new library called pkg can be used within an R script.
- Go to http://cran.us.r-project.org/ to download the R add-on package from CRAN.
- Put the downloaded R add-on package into the /tmp directory on the primary (PDN) node.
- From the /tmp directory, run the td_installRaddon script. /opt/teradata/PUTTools/misc/td_RTblop/td_installRaddon pkgname The script wraps the file downloaded from the CRAN website into a PUT-installable .rpm file and places the .rpm file in the current working directory which is /tmp.
- Install the .rpm on all nodes using PUT or manually using rpm commands.
- Copy the rpm to all nodes. For MPP installations, put the package in the same common location on all nodes.
Run one of the following commands:
- Single-node system: rpm –ivh packagename.rpm
- MPP system: psh rpm –ivh directory/packagename.rpm
- Using the R console, check if the package was installed correctly.