Your deployment site must have access to the web-based Teradata EMS server for this procedure. If your site cannot access the Internet, see Revoking a License for Sites without Internet Access.
- Open a VMware vSphere PowerCLI shell version 5.5 or later.
- Type the following command from the PowerCLI prompt to connect to the vCenter that manages the ESXi hosts that are running the Teradata Database VMs: connect-VIServer -server vCenter.server.name
- Navigate to the directory containing the Teradata Database on VMware deployment executable file (C:\mylocation\Teradata_Deployer\).
- Run tdc.deploy.exe, and provide answers to the prompts.
At the prompt, type revoke_license, and press Enter.
- Select the Common Properties file, and press Enter.
- Select the Node Properties file, and press Enter.
When prompted, enter the root password for the target system, and type Y at the following prompt.
Revocation of Teradata Database License! Are you sure this is what you want to do? [Y] Yes [N] No [?] Help (default is "N"):The executable runs automatically. The license is re-credited to the product and revocation is now complete.
- Log in to the Teradata EMS server to verify the Activated and Available quantities have been updated to reflect the change. https://slem.teradata.com/ecp