This control enables users to specify whether to print diagnostic messages that describe loggable TMSM events.
where the following is true:
- ON can be enabled only when no database sessions are logged on.
When neither ON or OFF are specified, ON is enabled.
- OFF is the default value when BTEQ is invoked.
A Teradata Multi-System Monitor (TMSM) client must be enabled so messages can be generated about events that were sent. When the client is disabled, messages are produced about events that would have been sent.
- The formatting of the messages produced can change at any time.
- TMSMMSG command is supported only for those BTEQ platforms where TMSM is supported. See manuals for Teradata Multi-System Manager ( see Related Documentation) for more information on TMSM.
- The TMSMMSG command is not available in BTEQ for z/OS and Apple macOS. It may become available in future release.