Server Management Network for System with Maximum 324 Nodes, 2 InfiniBand Switch Cabinets
- This configuration is built on the cabinet and collective topology defined in Collectives.
- The topology shown in the illustration above is based on an appliance system with 1-18 cabinets.
- Each cabinet shown above represents a collective. The collective may include Platform Framework Cabinets (not shown).
- This configuration has a pair of
InfiniBand cabinets (Network-0 Cabinet and Network-1 Cabinet). Each
InfiniBand cabinet contains one primary server management Ethernet switch or one secondary server management Ethernet switch. Although cabinet numbers are not shown for the BYNET V5InfiniBand cabinets, the cabinet numbers for these cabinets must also be unique in the system.
- Separate paths for the primary and secondary server management networks ensure network redundancy.
- The primary and secondary networks are configured as follows:
- The primary Ethernet switch in the InfiniBand Network-0 cabinet acts as the gathering switch for the primary switches in all the cabinets in the system.
- The secondary Ethernet switch in the Network-1 Cabinet acts as the gathering switch for the secondary switches in all the cabinets in the system.
- For port-to-port cabling, see the appropriate Hardware Installation Guide.