Maximum 18-Node System Configuration (36-Port Switches) - IntelliFlex Platforms
Teradata® Hardware Product Guide
- BAR Managed Servers
- IntelliBase Platforms
- IntelliFlex Platforms
- December 2018
- Product Guide
- Cabinets contain processing nodes and a VMS for Server Management.
- Cabinets can contain other nodes and servers.
- Scalable up to 18 nodes and servers in any combination.
- Two 36-port InfiniBand switches in cabinet 1 provide redundant InfiniBand networks (Network-0 and Network-1).
- Each processing node contains a dual-port InfiniBand adapter that connects to the InfiniBand switches in cabinet 1.
- Other nodes and servers may contain a dual-port InfiniBand adapter that connects to the InfiniBand switches in cabinet 1.
- If the system is included in a UDA environment, some ports on the InfiniBand switch are used for UDA connections. The number of ports needed depends on the UDA configuration. For more information, see the
Teradata® Unified Data Architecture InfiniBand and Server Management Configuration Guide.