In a multi-system configuration:
- All systems must be running the same version of SMWeb (12.05 or later).
- All Server Management switches in individual systems are joined together in a single Server Management domain.
- The multi-system configuration has a single Server Management Site ID.
- Nodes in all multi-system configurations share the BYNET InfiniBand switches.
- Each system in a multi-system configuration is assigned a unique system name. One system name is assigned to each Teradata processing node and disk array in a Teradata system.
- Shared system components (collectives and cabinets, VMSs, BYNET InfiniBand switches, Server Management switches, and TMSs) are not assigned system names.