System Topology for Single-Clique Systems (36-Port Switches) - IntelliFlex Platforms
Teradata® Hardware Product Guide
- BAR Managed Servers
- IntelliBase Platforms
- IntelliFlex Platforms
- December 2018
- Product Guide
- System consists of one or two cabinets.
- System cabinets contain IntelliFlex processing nodes and storage.
- Cabinet 1 contains a system VMS for Server Management.
- System cabinets may contain a variety of channel servers, PE nodes, SAS HPA worker nodes (Dell R720, R730, or R730xd), SAS worker nodes (Dell R740xd), or TMSs (power and space limitations apply).
- System is scalable up to 14 processing nodes.
- Two 36-port InfiniBand switches provide redundant InfiniBand networks (Network-0 and Network-1).
- Each node contains a dual-port InfiniBand adapter that connects to the InfiniBand switches.
- If the system is included in a UDA environment, some ports on the InfiniBand switch are used for UDA connections. The number of ports needed depends on the UDA configuration. For more information, see the
Teradata® Unified Data Architecture InfiniBand and Server Management Configuration Guide.