Although you can configure this software yourself, we recommend contacting Teradata instead. See https://www.teradata.com/Consulting/Velocity.
You must configure the BAR portlets if you plan to use Teradata Viewpoint for data backup.
- From the AWS Web Console, note the Private IP of the DSC instance and either the Public IP or Public DNS of the Viewpoint instance.
- From your browser, go to the Viewpoint portal logon screen: http://VP-instance-public-DNS-or-IP
- Log on to the Teradata Viewpoint portal using administrator credentials.
Enable or add an additional DSC server.
- Open the BAR Setup portlet.
- Next to DSC, click .
- In General System Details, enter the Broker IP/Host. This is the host name or IP address of the machine running the ActiveMQ broker, usually the DSC server. Enter the private IP of the DSC server.
- Enter the Broker Port. This is the port number on the server where the ActiveMQ broker is listening (61616 for tcp, 61617 for ssl). Default: 61616
- Enter the Broker Connectivity Type of the ActiveMQ connection (tcp or ssl). The default is tcp.
- Click Enable DSC server.
Under DSC Servers, select the server you enabled.
- Click Discover Servers, then select the DSC Server Name from the list.
- Click Apply.