If you install TTU on an AWS instance, you must first deploy that instance. You cannot install TTU packages on the following AWS instances:
- Teradata Database
- Teradata Data Mover
- Teradata Data Stream Controller
- Teradata Ecosystem Manager
You can install TTU either on an AWS instance running a supported version of Linux or Windows, or on another system running a supported operating system. See the appropriate version of Teradata® Tools and Utilities Supported Platforms and Product Versions.
Obtain the TTU packages from one of the following locations:
- Teradata customer portal for all supported OS systems
- Teradata Database instance at /var/opt/teradata/TTU_pkgs for Linux, Mac OS X, or Windows
OS Package Linux, Mac OS X, or Windows TeradataToolsAndUtilitiesBase Additional utilities for Windows only DatabaseManagement
- Copy the TTU packages to the instance or system where the TTU software is installed and used.
- Install and configure the TTU packages according to the instructions in the appropriate installation guide for Teradata Tools and Utilities.