Teradata Workload Management offers different strategies, depending on the platform and license you purchase:
- TASM for Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) platforms
- Teradata Active System Management (TASM) is a product available on EDW platforms and included in the enterprise license to perform full workload management in Teradata Database.
- IWM for base EDW and appliance platforms
- Teradata Integrated Workload Management (IWM) is a Teradata Database feature included on base EDW and appliance platforms to perform basic workload management. Customers on base EDW platforms can optionally purchase TASM.
- In Teradata Database 15.00 and later, the IWM systems have options for planned environments, but not for unplanned events or health conditions. In Teradata Database 14.10 and earlier, the IWM systems have no options for custom states, health conditions, planned environments, or state-specific values for query sessions, filters, and throttles. The SLES 10 IWM system has no options for workloads.
- Virtual Partitions
- The IWM system has no options for virtual partitions.
- Workload Management Methods
The IWM system has no options for the SLG Tiers workload management method. The IWM system uses only the tactical and timeshare management methods.
- Neither SLES 10 nor SLES 11 IWM systems provide the ability to define exceptions at the ruleset level. SLES 11 IWM systems do provide the ability to define tactical exceptions for tactical workloads.