The Teradata Aster system must be added and the logins created before you can configure the data collectors to monitor the database.
- Click next to Systems and select Add Aster System.
- Under General System Details, enter a system nickname, up to 8 characters.
- [Optional] Select the Enable system check box. After it is enabled, the system starts collecting data.
- Enter the host ID of the Teradata Aster system. The host ID is the IP address or host name of the system.
- [Optional] Enter the site ID assigned by Teradata Customer Services. After enabling a system, the Site ID becomes read-only if Viewpoint detects a value for the system.
- Enter a login name and password. The login is case-sensitive for a Teradata Aster system.
- [Optional] Click Test to verify that the login settings are correct. If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears. If you receive an error, verify that the login credentials are valid and the host can be reached.
- [Optional] Under Collectors, select the check box to activate Aster data collectors so they can collect data on this system. The data collectors can be enabled and configured individually in Data Collectors.
- Click Apply. If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears. If you receive an error, verify that the settings are correct and try again.