A user-defined event is a SQL request that you define. User-defined events can be planned or unplanned. To create an event that only sends out a notification, create the event, but do not assign it to any planned environment or health condition. When the event occurs, the notification action you specified is triggered.
- Edit or create a ruleset.
- From the ruleset toolbar, click States.
- Next to Unplanned Events (TASM for Enterprise Data Warehouse platforms only) or Planned Events, click .
- Next to Available Events, click .
- Select User Defined Event.
- Enter a name.
- [Optional] Enter a description.
- [Optional] If you are creating the user-defined event as a planned event, you can select Create New Corresponding Planned Environment to automatically create a planned environment that this event triggers.
- Under Activate/Deactivate Event, copy the appropriate SQL request text.
- Paste the text into an SQL script.
[Optional] Under Configure Notifications, enable any of the following options for the start or the end of the event:
Notification Description Send Alert Specifies the action to trigger. Run Program Specifies the Alerts registered programs to trigger. Post to QTable The string you enter is posted to the QTable.
- Click OK.
[Optional] Do one of the following:
Event Type Description Unplanned Drag the event to a health condition and click Close (TASM for Enterprise Data Warehouse platforms only). Planned Drag the event to a planned environment and click Close.
- Click Save.