You can reallocate permanent disk space from the reserve Perm pool to the currently selected database. This feature is available only for Teradata Database systems. Permission to reallocate disk space is granted to individual users based on their Teradata Viewpoint role and portlet permissions.
To reallocate space, do one of the following:
- Click next to a row and click Add Space.
- From the Space Usage details view, click Add Space.
- Log in to the selected Teradata Database system, if prompted.
- Click Next.
- From the Reserve Perm pool list, select the database from which you want to reallocate space.
- For Perm to transfer, enter the number and select the units for the amount of space you want to add to the target database. The amount of free Perm and max Perm after the allocation are displayed below the target database name.
- Click Add Space. A confirmation message appears.
- Click Transfer.