The default health condition, planned environment, and state give you the basic framework to allocate resources for workloads. However, you can create additional health conditions (TASM for Enterprise Data Warehouse platforms only), planned environments, and states to fine-tune resource allocation.
- Edit or create a ruleset.
- From the ruleset toolbar, click States. The state matrix appears. For a new ruleset, the default state matrix consists of one cell.
[Optional] If you are on a TASM system, do the following:
- Define additional health conditions.
- Define one or more unplanned events. An unplanned event is a system event, user-defined event, workload event, or a combination of these events.
- Drag an unplanned event to the appropriate health condition so the event triggers the health condition.
- [Optional] Define additional planned environments.
- [Optional] Define additional planned events. A planned event is a period event, user-defined event, or a combination of these events.
- [Optional] Drag a planned event to the appropriate planned environment so the event triggers the environment.
- [Optional] Define additional states.
- For each cell in the state matrix, drag and drop a state from the States list into the appropriate cell of the matrix. When the defined combination occurs, the state is triggered.
- Click Save.