When the Administrator role is copied, all information on all tabs is copied. However, the copied role does not have administrative privileges and does not have access to administrative portlets from the portal.
To copy a role, do any of the following:
- From the Roles Manager view, click next to the role you want to copy and select Copy Role.
- From the General tab, click Copy Role.
- [Optional] Enter a name for the role, up to 25 characters. You can use spaces, alphanumeric characters, and underscores (_). The name from the original copied role is prefaced with Copied from and remains unless you change it.
- [Optional] Select Enable role to activate the role for use in Teradata Viewpoint.
- [Optional]Enter a description, up to 255 characters. The description from the original copied role remains unless you change it.
- [Optional] Under Portal Permissions, select Enable rewind to grant permission for this role to use the rewind feature, when available.
- [Optional] Specify notifications that appear in the Teradata Viewpoint portal for users assigned to the role. For more information, see Notifications.
- Click Apply.
[Optional] Specify additional role settings on each of the tabs.
Tabs Description Systems Enable or disable the systems available to the role, select the metrics to display for each system, and configure Secure Zones. For more information, see Secure Zones. Portlets Enable or disable portlets for a role, select permissions, and configure default settings for each portlet.
Control whether users in this role can modify their own settings and share customized versions of the portlet with other users, and configure which portlet features the role can access.Portlets must also be enabled in Portlet Library.
Web Services Enable or disable access to each web service for this role and select permissions. Users Specify users that are assigned to the role.