After initiation, the upgrade process is completely non-interactive. During the upgrade, PUT reboots the system.
- Download the required upgrade bundles.
- Log in as the root user to the system where the software you want to upgrade is installed.
- If the following directory does not exist, create it: /var/opt/teradata/swupgrade-source
- Transfer the downloaded upgrade bundles to /var/opt/teradata/swupgrade-source.
Create a dsainputs file.
- Run the dsu-tdput-upgrade command to generate the /tmp/dsainputs file.
- Copy DSC-xx.xx.xx.xx.tar.gz to /var/opt/teradata/swupgrade-source.
- Run the swupgrade -U command.
Verify the upgrade was successful.
Log on to the system and run this command to display the log as the upgrade completes: tail -f /var/opt/teradata/TDput/fileservice/logs/swupgrade
PUT displays the following message when the upgrade completes:
Operation completed with exit status 0 :: :: Output for this script (swupgrade) can be found at /var/opt/teradata/TDput/fileservice/logs/swupgrade.log
- Press Ctrl+C to exit the tail command.
- Type rpm –qa | grep DSC and verify the DSC version was upgraded correctly.
- Check that the /tmp/dscinstall.log file includes a message that confirms Finished the installation of DSC-xx.xx.xx.xx-XXXXXXX.x8664.rpm.
- Verify other components were upgraded correctly by checking the axmazureinstall.log, barcmdlineinstall.log, and clienthandlerinstall.log files in the /tmp directory.
- Log on to the system and run this command to display the log as the upgrade completes: tail -f /var/opt/teradata/TDput/fileservice/logs/swupgrade PUT displays the following message when the upgrade completes: