Although you can configure this software yourself, we recommend contacting Teradata instead. See https://www.teradata.com/Consulting/Velocity.You can use the Ecosystem Manager portlet to connect to a Teradata Database system in the public cloud or an on-premises Teradata Database system.
From the Azure portal, note the following of the Ecosystem Manager VM and the Viewpoint VM:
- The private IP address.
- If applicable, either the public IP or public DNS.
- Log on to the VM using the authentication type you chose when deploying the Viewpoint VM.
Switch to the root user environment.
# sudo su -
Change the directory and configure the Ecosystem Manager portlet.
# cd /opt/teradata/viewpoint/portlets/em-portlets ./uiConfig.sh active-em-server standby-em-server em-passwordwhere:
- active-em-server is the DNS host name of the active Ecosystem Manager server.
- standby-em-server is the DNS host name of the standby Ecosystem Manager server. If you have not set up a standby Ecosystem Manager server, use the DNS host name of the active Ecosystem Manager server.
- em-password in the Ecosystem Manager user password (the default password is em).