You cannot back down to a previous version of Server Management with PUT. You must use the cmicimageupdate utility from another VM managed by the CMIC. The steps below use Viewpoint as the example.
You cannot back down to a version earlier than the minimum version allowed on Teradata Software for Azure.
- Download the latest CMIC image to which you want to back down from the Teradata customer portal. Both new and existing Teradata customers with on-premises Teradata systems can use the Teradata customer portal to download the CMIC image.
- From the Azure portal, note the private IP and public IP of the CMIC VM.
- Log on to the VM using the authentication type you chose when deploying the VM.
Run the configuration utility.
./cmicimageupdate --cmic private-CMIC-IP --sshuser username --identity private-key-file --image CMIC image.cifwhere:
- The public-IP is the public IP address of the CMIC VM. Although you can use a public IP address, a private IP address is preferred.
- The private-key-file.pem is what verifies your identity when you make an SSH connection. Do not expose or share the private key.
- The CMIC image is the name of the downloaded CMIC .cif file.
- When prompted, type yes to continue. The utility updates the CMIC version.