16.20 - Restrictions and Considerations - ODBC Driver for Teradata
ODBC Driver for Teradata® User Guide
- ODBC Driver for Teradata
- October 2018
- User Guide
- Before executing the command, ODBC Administrator needs to be configured with the required DSN. In the sample command, “testdsn” is the configured DSN name.
- After executing the command, it should successfully connect the database and prompt for SQL to be executed.
- You can submit any simple SQL statement such as “select date” to verify that ODBC Driver is properly installed.
- To ensure that the message catalog file is installed properly, you can submit an incorrect SQL statement such as “create table (int)” and verify the error message.
- Exit the program by entering “quit” when prompted for SQL.