BYNET-over-Ethernet Network Topology for a Maximum 22-Node System
- Consists of one or more processing/storage cabinets, a Service Workstation (SWS) or VMS with SWS VM, plus additional (optional) PFC cabinets.
- Scalable from two to 22 database processing nodes.
- Two BYNET switch chassis in processing/storage cabinet 1 provide redundant BYNET networks (0 and 1).
- Each processing node provides onboard Ethernet ports for connecting to the BYNET-over-Ethernet switches.
- For port-to-port cabling, see the Cabling and Chassis Ports appendix in the appropriate Hardware Installation Guide.