BYNET V5 Network Topology for a Maximum 108-Node System
- Consists of one or more 2700 processing/storage cabinets, a VMS with SWS VM or a Service Workstation (SWS), plus additional (optional ) Platform Framework Cabinets.
- Scalable from 1 to 108 total processing nodes (TPA nodes and hot standby nodes), channel servers (non-TPA nodes), and TMSs in any combination.
- One BYNET V5 cabinet provides redundant BYNET V5 networks (Network-0 and Network-1). The cabinet contains two 108-port switches.
- Each 108-port BYNET V5 switch contains from 1 to 6 leaf boards. Each leaf board supports up to 18 processing nodes and/or channel servers. Each switch has 3 spine boards that allow the leaf boards to communicate with each other, and one chassis management board for managing the network.
- Each processing node or channel server contains a dual port InfiniBand adapter that connects to the BYNET V5 switch in the BYNET V5 cabinet. A TMS or TMSS may contain a dual port InfiniBand adapter that connects to the switches.
- Individual optical InfiniBand cables are used to connect processing nodes, channel servers, TMSs, and TMSSsin expansion cabinets, or channel servers in (optional) Platform Framework Cabinets, to the BYNET V5 switches in each BYNET V5 cabinet.
- For port-to-port cabling, see the appropriate Hardware Installation Guide .