Actual cabinet width is 61 cm (24 in.) without side panels. To ensure exact alignment for ganged cabinets, use the exact width when drawing up floor plans and cutting floor tiles.
Cabinets must be ganged together before the customer installs seismic bracing.
- If a cabinet has side panels attached, remove one or both, depending on which side or sides will mate. Set aside the panels for reattaching at the ends of the row.
- Remove the doors. See Installing Cabinet Side Panels and Doors.
- Locate the cutouts in the outer edge of the rack frame.
- Align the cutouts of one cabinet with the cutouts on the adjacent cabinet. You will be installing a minimum of four hex spacers, one at each corner of the rack.
- Remove the six hex spacers, twelve screws, and twelve flat washers from their bag.
- Insert the hex spacer between the cabinets in the cutout provided in one of the corners of the rack. You may need a pair of small pliers or a wrench to hold the spacer in place.
Using your hand, or a Phillips screwdriver, insert one screw and washer through the rack and into the open end of the hex spacer.
Inserting the Hex Spacers
- On the opposite side, insert the second screw and washer through the rack and into the hex spacer.
Hold the hex spacer with a wrench or pliers, and tighten the screws until the cabinet frames come together.
Tightening the Hex Spacers
- Repeat steps 6 through 9 for the remaining frame corners (three).
- Replace the doors. See Installing Cabinet Side Panels and Doors.