- All systems must be running the same version of SMWeb Services (11.01 or later) .
- All server management switches in individual systems are joined together in a single server management domain.
- The multi-system configuration has a single server management Site ID.
Nodes in all multi-system configurations share the BYNET V5 InfiniBand switches.
A system consists of a set of Teradata Database nodes and disk arrays. A system contains one or more nodes and disk arrays. A system may contain one or more cliques.
- One unique system name is assigned to each Teradata Database system (a set of associated nodes and disk arrays) in a 2700 production system.
- Another system name is assigned to the nodes in an Aster cluster.
- Another system name is assigned to the nodes in a Hadoop cluster.
Shared system components (collectives and cabinets, VMSs, BYNET V5 InfiniBand switches, server management switches, and TMSs) are not assigned system names.