BYNET V5 Network Topology for a Maximum 324-Node System
- Consists of one or more 2700 processing/storage cabinets, a VMS with SWS VM or a Service Workstation (SWS), plus additional (optional ) Platform Framework Cabinets.
- Scalable from 1 to 324 total processing nodes (TPA nodes ), channel servers (non-TPA nodes), TMSs, and TMSSs in any combination.
- Two BYNET V5 cabinets provide redundant BYNET V5 networks (Network-0 and Network-1). Each cabinet contains one 324-port BYNET V5 switch.
- Each 324-port BYNET V5 switch contains 1 to 18 leaf boards. Each leaf board supports up to 18 nodes, channel servers, TMSs, and TMSSs. Each switch has 9 spine boards for network connectivity and one chassis management board for managing the network.
- Each processing node or channel server contains a dual port InfiniBand adapter that connects to the BYNET V5 switch in each BYNET V5 cabinet. A TMS or TMSS may contain a dual port InfiniBand adapter that connects to the switches.
- Individual optical InfiniBand cables are used to connect processing nodes, channel servers, TMSs, and TMSSs in expansion cabinets, or channel servers in (optional) Platform Framework Cabinets, to the BYNET V5 switches in each BYNET V5 cabinet.
- For port-to-port cabling, see the appropriate Hardware Installation Guide.