Primary and Secondary Server Management Networks in 2700 Processing/Storage Cabinets
- Each VMS hosts a CMIC VM. The CMIC VM runs the server management software.
- Every cabinet contains a primary and a secondary server management Ethernet switch.
- The CMIC VM hosted by the VMS interfaces with the chassis in its cabinet through the Ethernet switches.
- Each managed chassis connects to the primary Ethernet switch in its cabinet. Each chassis having a second available Ethernet port connects to the secondary Ethernet switch in its cabinet.
- For port-to-port cabling, see the appropriate Hardware Installation Guide.