Consider the following guidelines for creating workload throttles:
- Set workload throttles limits first and then introduce system-level throttle limits later, if needed.
- Be cautious in applying throttles to Tactical workloads because they have a high priority and usually need to run immediately.
- Define workload throttle limits for both Base and system busy states.
- Favor production work by applying throttles to development work.
- Favor ad hoc and reporting work over administration requests.
- Throttle Low and Medium Timeshare workloads to avoid a shortage of AMP worker tasks.
When creating system throttles, explicitly exclude utilities. To do this, you can use the application name as a request source criterion.