The following options are available, depending upon the parameterization of the Frequency analysis:
- Select Frequency Column — Pull-down list containing variable names if more than one was selected. This will only be present if either the Compute Cross-Tabulation or Pair-wise Frequencies Options are NOT selected.
Show Frequency Counts — Radio button to display the individual frequency counts instead of cumulative counts. Only present if the Include cumulative measure and rank option is selected.
- 2D Graph/3D Graph — All frequency graphs are available in two-dimensions. If the Compute Cross-Tabulation or Pair-wise Frequencies options are selected, both 2D and 3D graphs are available. When the Compute Cross-Tabulation option is selected with more than two variables, a 3D view is not available.
- Show Cumulative Counts — Radio button to display the cumulative statistics in addition to the frequency counts. Only available if the Include cumulative measure and rank option is selected.
- Select Col1/Select Col2 — Pull-down list containing all the variable names available for display when the Pair-wise Frequencies option is selected. The variable specified in the Select Col1: pull-down will be displayed on the x-axis in a three-dimensional view.
- Show Counts and Statistics — Radio button to display the statistical values of the variables chosen by the Statistics Columns option, in addition to the frequency.
- Select Stats column — Pull-down list containing variable names specified by the Statistics Columns option, if that option is selected.
Frequency Graph Types — There are five distinct graph types available for the Frequency analysis, once again depending upon the parameterization. These include the following:
There are some practical limitations on the Cross-tabulated Frequency (i.e., the Compute Cross-Tabulation was selected) graphs. These are documented below:
- Basic Frequency
- Basic Frequency with Cumulative Stats
- Basic Frequency with Basic Stats
- Cross-tabulated Frequency
- Cross-tabulated Frequency with Cumulative Stats
- Pair-wise Frequency
Cross-tabulated Frequency — A Cross-Tabulation graph will provide the best display if the non-numeric values selected within the groups are limited to 8 and 15, depending on the number of columns selected. The specific limits are:
Cross-Tabulated Frequency Limits Number Of Columns Distinct Values Displayed >5 Column Cross-Tabulation Graph is not generated 5 Column Cross-Tabulation 8 categorical values 4 Column Cross-Tabulation 10 categorical values 3 Column Cross-Tabulation 12 categorical values 2 Column Cross-Tabulation 15 categorical values