Before running the analysis, define Output options.
On the Histogram dialog box, click on OUTPUT.
Histogram > Output
On this screen, select from the following options. If no options are specified, by default a SELECT statement is generated.
For general information about output, see OUTPUT Tab.
- Use the Teradata EXPLAIN Feature… — Option to generate a SQL EXPLAIN SELECT statement, which returns a Teradata Execution Plan to the RESULTS tab.
Store the tabular output of this analysis in the database — Option to generate a Teradata TABLE or VIEW populated with the results of the analysis. Once enabled, the following three fields must be specified:
- Database Name — Text box to specify the name of the Teradata database where the resultant Table or View will be created in. By default, this is the “Result Database.”
- Output Name — Text box to specify the name of the Teradata Table or View.
- Output Type — Pull-down to specify Table or View. Although a Table is always available, Views can not be specified due to limitations in Teradata.
- Stored Procedure — The creation of a stored procedure containing the SQL generated for this analysis can be requested by entering the desired name of the stored procedure here. This will result in the creation of a stored procedure in the user's login database in place of the execution of the SQL generated by the analysis. For more information, see Stored Procedure Support (Teradata Database).
- Procedure Comment — When an optional procedure comment is entered, it is applied to a requested stored procedure with an SQL Comment statement. It can be up to 255 characters in length and contain substitution parameters for the output category (Score, ADS, Stats or Other), project name and/or analysis name (using the tags <Category>, <Project> and <Analysis>, respectively). The default value of this field may be set on the Defaults tab of the Preferences dialog box, available from the menu option.
- Create output table using the FALLBACK keyword — If a table is selected, it will be built with FALLBACK if this option is selected.
- Create output table using the MULTISET keyword — If a table is selected, it will be built as a MULTISET table if this option is selected.
- Advertise Output — The Advertise Output option may be requested when creating a table, view or procedure. This feature “advertises” output by inserting information into one or more of the Advertise Output metadata tables according to the type of analysis and the options selected in the analysis. For more information, see Advertise Output.
- Advertise Note — An advertise note may be specified if desired when the Advertise Output option is selected or when the Always Advertise option is selected on the Connection Properties dialog box. It is a free-form text field of up to 30 characters that may be used to categorize or describe the output.
- Generate the SQL for this analysis, but do not execute it — If this option is selected, the analysis will only generate SQL, returning it and terminating immediately.