A data-grid control is used to select the data to display. Much like a Microsoft Excel pivot-table, the Data Grid has the following properties:
- Select — The data to be graphed can be selected by either clicking in the left upper most square of the Data Grid to select the entire data set, or holding the left mouse button down, dragging over the desired rows and releasing the mouse button. The rows highlighted will be graphed automatically.
- Sort — To sort the data in the Data Grid, click the right mouse button on any column header. The sort is always done from left to right with respect to the columns of data. Subsequent right mouse clicks toggle the sort from ascending to descending.
Pivot — Pivoting of data is accomplished by holding the left mouse button down on the column header that you wish to pivot, dragging the column to its new desired position and releasing the mouse button. The pivoted column will appear to the left of the column that it was dragged on top of.
For the Histogram analysis, the column headers can take on the following values:
- Bin Range — The high and low values in each bin.
- Description — This column header contains the words “spike” or “bin” depending upon how the data was binned. See Adaptive Histogram and Tutorial - Adaptive Histogram Analysis.
- Single Count — The number of occurrences within the specified bin.