Messages are the offers you have for the customer. An example of a message could be x% APR on 24-month CD. Vantage CX determines which offer is the best to send back to the channel for a given customer based on the criteria and other logic set up during configuration and based on what Vantage CX has learned from similar customers.
You link messages to message groups.
When Vantage CX is integrated with Teradata CIM, then messages (inbound collateral) created in Teradata CIM are stored in Vantage CX. These messages are not editable, and you cannot delete them.
- Select .
- Click CREATE NEW.
- Complete Name, Keyname, and optional Description.
- Select an Owner. A message is associated with a specific channel, Corporate, Customer, Marketing, or Messaging owner—for example, Channel (Web).
- Click CREATE.
Complete the remaining information.
Setting Value Activation Date The date the message becomes active. The default is the date the message is created. The activation date is enabled by default. Deactivation Date The date the message becomes inactive. The default is the date the message is created, but the deactivation date is disabled by default. Message Priority
A default message ensures that a message is returned to the channel even when criteria prevent any other messages from being returned. It is recommended that you define a number of default messages equal to the highest minimum number of messages that should be returned on any request for targeted messages from the external system. You may not want any default messages set while you are initially testing that your Vantage CX configuration is working as expected.
- Normal is the default setting. Normal priority goes through all processing of arbitration, criteria, and so on.
- Default priority means the message is returned if no other messages are qualified, and there is a minimum number of messages that must be met. Default messages are not scored or sorted; only criteria are run against them. When the minimum number of messages is reached, no more default messages are processed.
- Priority means the message takes precedence over others regardless of arbitration (for example, a message that shipping is delayed due to inclement weather).
- Click SAVE.
- [Optional] Click Attributes.
- Click ADD ATTRIBUTE VALUE to see the list of messaging attributes that can be added. Only the attributes that have the Messaging owner are displayed, because only these attributes can be returned to the channel with the message.
- Select an attribute you want linked to the message and click ADD SELECTED.
- To add a value, select a Value from the drop-down on the Attributes Values page.
- If you added attributes to the message, type a value and click SAVE to customize the message.
- [Optional] Click Criteria. If you add any Criteria to the message, define only the criteria that should qualify a customer for this message.
Click ADD CRITERION, select a criterion, and click ADD SELECTED or CREATE NEW.
Professional Services has a command-line Message Import Utility for mass import of messages from an external source. Contact your Professional Services representative for information.