Any environments contained in the import file overwrite the corresponding environments in the organization that you selected.
The import process overwrites all objects such as attributes, which affects all environments in the organization. This can cause objects in environments that are not overwritten to break if those environments refer to global attributes that no longer exist.
- After importing an Organization, Third Party Profile passwords must be re-entered, if applicable. See Third-Party Profiles.
- Importing the Organization data from a specific environment (Dev, QA or Production) will not be successful if any of the expected global objects (such as attributes, objectives etc.) are not present in the import data source.
- Log in to the organization you want to import.
- Select This page shows organization information. .
- Click Import/Export, and select Import Org Data To File.
- Click Choose File and select the import file on your local machine.
- Select if you want to import any messages contained in the import file.
- Click IMPORT.
- Click CONFIRM. A success or failure message is displayed. Any environments contained in the import file overwrite the corresponding environments in the organization that you selected. You must also re-enter any Third Party Profile passwords, if applicable.