Several types of variables can be used in the Rules module or Data Sources module.
|Variable Type||Where Created||Where Used|
|Global||Global variables module||
|Rule or Data Source||Map and Calculate step in the Rules module or Data Sources module||
|System-defined (Workflow or Customer List)||N/A: Listed in the Formula Builder (Map and Calculate step in the Rules module or Data Sources module)||Rules or Data Sources|
- Variable Names
- Spaces should not be used in variable names, however, you can use the underscore character.
- Rule variables and workflow-level variables can have the same name.
- Global variable names must be unique.
- Global Variables
Global variables are system-wide variables that have their values populated during workflow or customer list execution and relate to the state of that workflow or customer list and its tasks. You cannot override the values.
- Rule or Data Source Variables
- Rule or Data Source variables are added to a rule or data source at the Map and Calculate step (see Mappings and Calculations). Use the Formula Builder to create rule variables. You can add variables after a rule or data source is created by accessing the Rule summary or Data Source summary page (select a rule or data source for editing).
- System-Defined Variables
System-level variables are predefined and give users access to Workflows module or Customer Lists module information such as workflow ID or customer list ID. They can also be used in the Notify node and as assignments to other variables in the workflow or customer list.