Consider the following before setting up a third-party profile:
- The third-party application must supply XML or JSON for third-party profiles.
- The third-party application must be able to receive the request from Vantage CX and send the third-party profile data back to Vantage CX.
- All fields from the third-party application may be mapped to Vantage CX attributes; this happens when you configure the Vantage CX third-party profile.
- Third-party profiles add to the time that Vantage CX needs to respond to a request from the channel. Vantage CX waits a short while for all enabled third-party profiles to be returned and then continues the decisioning process with or without the third-party profiles. The length of time that Vantage CX waits is set globally.
- For SaaS users, the wait time is not configurable.
- For on-premises users, the wait time is configurable.
See Vantage Customer Experience Installation & Environment Requirements for details.
When Vantage CX is integrated with Teradata Customer Interaction Manager (CIM), you can create third-party profiles from within CIM, which are then pushed to Vantage CX. Do not also manually create third-party profiles for Teradata CIM.