To simplify your work with dates, Teradata Database assumes that you want dates in a preset format. Your database administrator sets that format for the system with the DateForm setting and the default date format setting in the specification for data formatting (SDF) file.
Those settings determine the following:
- Export data type of DATE values
- Data entry format for DATE values
- Display format of DATE values in macros being executed
- Date format for string-to-DATE comparisons and conversions
- Display format of DATE columns in newly created tables and views