Sample USERMODs for each customizable item are located in dbcpfx.SAMPLIB. The following table lists the item names and corresponding sample names (in the form TDUxxxx) as they exist on the release media.
To update an item, modify the TDUxxxx sample and install it using SMP. The TDUxxxx names can be changed when the samples are installed at your site.
|Item||Name of Sample in dbcpfx.SAMPLIB|
- Run the following job, located in dbcpfx.PROCLIB, to prepare to customize the item:
The output of the PREUSRMD job contains information to be put in USERMOD.
- In the previous table, find the name of the item you want to customize and then edit the corresponding USERMOD sample (TDUxxxx).
- Update the ++VER statement in the USERMOD sample with the information in the output of the PREUSRMD job. The ++VER statement must contain the following information:
- The function modification ID (FMID) to which the USERMOD belongs (for the base release)
- The replacement modification ID (RMID) to which the USERMOD belongs (for maintenance releases)
++VER(Z038) FMID(fmid) PRE(rmid)If the fmid and rmid values shown in the PREUSRMD job output are the same, the PRE(rmid) parameter should not be included in the ++VER statement. The statement would then be:
- Update the rest of the item source as your site requires. Customization notes for some of the items are included later in this section.
- To receive the customized item in an SMP/E USERMOD, run the following job in dbcpfx.PROCLIB:
- To install the customized item, run the following job in dbcpfx.PROCLIB: