When an active cache database fails and the standby cache database is promoted to active, you need to create another cache database to act as the standby. The new cache database can be created on the Viewpoint server that failed or on another server.
- Log in to the Teradata Viewpoint server hosting the active cache database.
- Run the clustersetup script and select the Configure standby server option to create a cache database on a standby server:/opt/teradata/viewpoint/bin/clustersetup.shThe clustersetup script ends with a statement that the status of the operation can be viewed in the Teradata Viewpoint Portal notification area. Do not perform further activities until you see a message that the operation has completed successfully.
- [Optional] To make the new cache database the active one, do the following:
Teradata Viewpoint services continue running while the new standby cache database is created.
- Log in to the Teradata Viewpoint server hosting the newly created cache database.
- Type the following command to promote the newly created cache database to active:/opt/teradata/viewpoint/bin/promote.sh
- Repeat steps 1 and 2, running clustersetup.sh on the newly promoted server.