Teradata Vantage on VMware installation components consist of templates, property files, text files, and a deployment executable file.
- Required templates contain the Vantage software and underlying operating system.
- Optional templates contain Viewpoint and its underlying operating system, DSC, Ecosystem Manager, and Server Management.
- Templates are ready to use and include defaults for disk space and configuration, I/O, network connections, AMPs, and memory. By default, there are 4 AMPs per node, managing 2 pdisks.
- The properties files define configuration settings for the overall Teradata Vantage on VMware environment and the specific virtual machines.
- An executable file deploys the Vantage VM based on the configuration information in the properties files.After the database is deployed, the only way to change settings is to run the removevms command and run the deploy command again.
- Text files are used in time zone settings.
To download the software, go to https://downloads.teradata.com.