The time must be synchronized between all servers in the DSA environment so that messages expired from the ActiveMQ server are not lost. The servers include:
- DSC server
- DSA media server
- Viewpoint server
- DBS node(s)
The servers should be set in the same time zone with teradata-ntp to achieve synchronization of timestamps.
Use this procedure for each server in the DSA environment.
- Log on as root to the server.
- Open and edit /etc/ntp.conf.
- Add the following to the end of the file where host is the hostname of the time server:server hostFor example:
- To verify that the NTP service runs when the server starts up, type:chkconfig ntp on
- To restart the NTP service manually, type:/etc/init.d/ntp restart