BYNET V5 Network Topology for a Maximum 36-Node System
- Consists of one or more 2750 processing/storage cabinets, a VMS with SWS VM or a Service Workstation (SWS), plus additional (optional) Platform Framework Cabinets.
- Scalable from 1 to 36 processing nodes (TPA nodes ) channel servers (non-TPA nodes), NCSs, and TMSs in any combination.
- Two 36-port BYNET V5 InfiniBand switches provide redundant BYNET networks (Network-0 and Network-1). Both switches reside in the base cabinet.
- Each processing node, channel server, or NCS contains a dual port BYNET V5 InfiniBand adapter that connects to both BYNET V5 InfiniBand switches. A TMS or TMSS may contain a dual port BYNET V5 InfiniBand adapter that connects to the switches.
- Individual optical InfiniBand cables are used to connect nodes and servers in expansion cabinets to the BYNET V5 InfiniBand switches in the base cabinet.
- For port-to-port cabling, see the appropriate Hardware Installation Guide.