BYNET V5 Network Topology for a Maximum 108-Node System
- Consists of one or more 2750 processing/storage cabinets, a VMS with SWS VM or a Service Workstation (SWS), plus additional (optional) Platform Framework Cabinets.
- Scalable from 1 to 108 total processing nodes (TPA nodes), channel servers (non-TPA nodes), NCSs, and TMSs in any combination.
- One BYNET V5 cabinet provides redundant BYNET V5 networks (Network-0 and Network-1). The cabinet contains two 108-port switches.
- Each 108-port BYNET V5 switch contains from 1 to 6 leaf boards. Each leaf board supports up to 18 processing nodes , channel servers, or NCSs. Each switch has 3 spine boards that allow the leaf boards to communicate with each other, and one chassis management board for managing the network.
- Each processing node , channel server, or NCS contains a dual port InfiniBand adapter that connects to the BYNET V5 switch in the BYNET V5 cabinet. A TMS or TMSS may contain a dual port InfiniBand adapter that connects to the switches.
- Individual optical InfiniBand cables are used to connect processing nodes , channel servers, NCSs, TMSs, and TMSSs in expansion cabinets, or channel servers, NCSs, and TMSs in (optional) Platform Framework Cabinets, to the BYNET V5 switches in each BYNET V5 cabinet.
- For port-to-port cabling, see the appropriate Hardware Installation Guide .