You can also use this procedure for upgrades.
Installations and upgrades of Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse 15.11 or later require additional steps to install the EMF Client Platform (ECP).
You should install Eclipse into a new or empty directory. If you have a preexisting Eclipse installation but want to use the same directory path for the new installation, you can rename the current directory and then install a new version of Eclipse into the desired directory.
- Set up your JRE environment.
- Install the Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers.
- From the Eclipse main menu, select .
- At Work with, enter the EMF ECP 1.5.x Update Site: http://download.eclipse.org/ecp/releases/releases_15/ If you have the previous version of the EMF ECP installed, remove it from Eclipse before installing the new version.
- Click Add.
- Select the ECP SDK 3.x option under the All SDKs category.
- Click Next>. The EMF Client Platform and ECP SDK features display for your selection.
- Click Next> to confirm the selected features.
- In the Review Licenses window, click I accept the terms of the license agreement, and click Finish. The Installing Software dialog displays to show the progress of the EMF Client Platform and ECP SDK installations.
- When you receive a Security Warning message advising that you are installing software that contains unsigned content, click OK to continue. You may choose to cancel the installation if you are concerned about the authenticity or validity of the feature software. You cannot install Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse 15.11 without installing the ECP feature first.
- When prompted to restart Eclipse, click No.
- Locate your Eclipse directory, and delete plugins\org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.swt.layout_<versionNumber>.jar.
- Click to restart Eclipse and effect your changes.
- From the Eclipse main menu, click Help and select Install New Software.
- Click Add.
- At Name, type Teradata Update Site.
- Type the following URL at Location: http://downloads.teradata.com/download/cdn/tools/tdide/tdide-15.11.00.00/update/site.xml.
- Click OK.
- Select each of the Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse components to install and click Next.
- When the Feature License Agreement window appears, select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next. A list of features that specifies version, size, and Eclipse install location appears.
- Verify that the information is correct and click Finish.
- When you receive a Security Warning advising that you are installing software with unsigned content, click OK to continue.
- Click Yes to restart Eclipse.