When a results table is being retrieved, Teradata SQL Assistant connects to the Teradata Database and gets the results from the results table.
- Retrieves and loads the results set in a Teradata SQL Assistant answer set window.
- Retrieves and exports the results set, and then terminates without showing the results.
To learn about setting the Teradata SQL Assistant option, see Choosing a SQL Assistant Export Setting.
Check that the Teradata ODBC Data Source Name is configured for the Teradata Database. Ensure the name matches the Database Name entered in the Scheduler Viewer’s Teradata Query Scheduler Connect dialog box as described in the topic, Connecting to a Teradata QS Server.
If a matching ODBC DSN has not been defined, Teradata SQL Assistant displays the following error when attempting to connect to a Teradata Database:Data source name not found and no default driver specified.
- From the Teradata Query Scheduler Viewer, select a job in a Complete status from the Jobs list.
Click Retrieve Result Data.
, or click , or right-click the request to display a shortcut menu and click Teradata SQL Assistant opens, connects to the Teradata Database, and gets the results from the database table. Next, one of the following events occurs:
- The results are loaded in a Teradata SQL Assistant answer set window.
- The results are exported and Teradata SQL Assistant closes without showing the results.
To save an answer set to a file, see Teradata SQL Assistant for Microsoft Windows User Guide (B035-2430).