Complete these steps to upgrade Server Management for a virtual or public cloud Teradata environment.
The Server Management image incorporates both operating system and application updates, so there is no need to upgrade the operating system separately before upgrading Server Management.
When performing a major upgrade, you must redeploy the system.
- Download the required upgrade bundles. The upgrade bundle is a CMIC image (cmicimage.cif).
- Log in as the root user to the virtual or public cloud system where Teradata Viewpoint is installed.
- Unzip the Server Management bundle to /var/opt/teradata/packages.
Run the -sshuser command to specify the user name provisioned when the CMIC VM was deployed.
The cmicimageupdate expects a user with key-based SSH access.
cmicimageupdate --cmic CMIC IP --image image name --sshuser username --identity pem file name
- Enter yes to proceed with upgrading Server Management. The upgrade process runs and Server Management reboots.
- If you deployed multiple Server Management VMs, repeat the previous steps for each VM.