The methods for compiling and linking routines vary with the operating system. The following sections describe the methods for z/OS, UNIX OS, and Windows.
On mainframe-attached z/OS client systems, INMOD and Notify Exit routines must be compiled under IBM C.
Using UNIX Operating System
- Be compiled with the native C compiler
- Be linked into a shared object module
- Use an entry point named _dynamn
- Be written in C
- Have a dynamn entry point that is a _declspec
- Be saved as a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file
For more information, see INMOD and Notify Exit Routine Examples for sample programs and procedures that compile and link INMOD and Notify Exit routines for the operating system environment.