You can classify filters, throttles, or workloads by targets such as database, table, view, macro, stored procedure, function, or method. If some objects are not included in the list for a database, they can be manually included as a match string.
For Teradata Database 15.0 and later, you can also select targets from external QueryGrid servers, such as Aster or Hadoop servers.
- From the ruleset toolbar, click Filters, Throttles, or Workloads.
- Select an item or create one.
- Click the Classification tab.
- Select Target as the classification criterion and click Add.
- Select a Target Type from the list.
Do one of the following, depending on the target type:
Target Type Action Table, View, Macro, Stored Procedure, Function, or Method Select the database that contains the target. QueryGrid Server (for Teradata Database 15.0 and later) Select the QueryGrid server type.
Do at least one of the following:
- Enter a match string and use the Include and Exclude buttons to add the match string. A match string can contain ? to match exactly one character or * to match zero or more characters.
- Select items from the list and use the Include and Exclude buttons to create your classification criteria. If there are more than 500 items, use the filter box to locate the items you want to select.
[Optional] For databases, tables, views, macros, and stored procedures, click next to an item in the Selected list, and choose from the following:
Subcriteria Description Full Table Scan Includes or excludes all-row scans Join Type Selects no join or a join type Estimated Step Row Count ≥ Specifies the estimated minimum rows at each step Estimated Step Row Count ≤ Specifies the estimated maximum rows at each step Estimated Step Processing Time ≥ Specifies the estimated minimum processing time at each step Estimated Step Processing Time ≤ (Teradata Database 15.0 and later) Specifies the estimated maximum processing time at each step Estimated percent of table blocks accessed during the query ≥ (Table target databases and Teradata Database 15.0 and later) Specifies the estimated minimum percent of table blocks accessed during the queryIf multiple subcriteria are added to a single item, all subcriteria conditions must be true in order for the query to be classified into the rule.
- [Optional] In Teradata Database 15.0 and later, select a statement type (applies only to Table target databases).
Next to target items containing subcriteria, appears.
- Click OK.