Unlike the Teradata utilities and Teradata Parallel Transporter that are driven by scripts, Teradata PT is a functional library that is part of your applications. This allows the applications to have more control during the load and export processes.
- Open standard reduces research and development costs to integrate with the database
- Robust API facilitates easier access to key database functions
- Better control of the runtime environment simplifies the management processes
- In the existing script environment, the partner application and a Teradata utility must run as two separate jobs.
- In the API environment, the transform, load, export, and other functions can be integrated into one application and run as one job.