If no terminal windows are open, the commands on the Connection menu are not available for use.
Do one of the following:
- If tabbed layout is used, click the connection tab.
- If desktop layout is used, select the connection terminal window or icon.
- If the Client Connections Manager displays, select the connection row.
From the Client Connections Window, select the Connection menu, and then select any of the following commands:
Command Description Properties component Displays the properties of the connection.
- If you use the Tree View to connect to the component, the component name set with the command displays in quotation marks.
- If you did not use the Tree View to connect to the component, hostname (port number) displays in quotation marks.
Properties for Selected Displays the properties of the connection that you selected in the Connections Manager. This command is available for use only if the Connections Manager is open and is active when only one connection is selected.
The Properties dialog box opens. The following tabs are available with options for you to modify: A Connect tab, a Terminal tab, and a Telnet or SSH/SFTP tab (depending on the type of connection). The options on each tab match those in the New Connection dialog box. Some options are not available, because they cannot be modified.